1.All students of the school are members of the library
2.A student can borrow only one book at a time for a period of two weeks.
3.Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
4.Marking, underlining or writing on library books is strictly forbidden.
5.Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any student. These can be read only in the library room.
6.If the books are not returned within a specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
7.The librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
8.In case of book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the full price of the book.
9.A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the librarian while withdrawing any student from the school.
10.Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Library Policy
1. Issue of books for home use – Each student would be issued two books at a
time for a period of one week. Staff members, including Principal, would be
issued maximum five books at a time for a maximum period of one fortnight.
Failure to return books on time would compulsorily lead to penalty of Re.l
per day for all (students & staff).
2. A recall system for overdue books should be introduced. This could be
achieved by sending an overdue note to the concerned student through the
Class Teacher. In case of staff the note can be sent through the school office.
3. Reissue of books by a user may be allowed maximum twice more after first
4. Newly purchased books should not be issued to any user for at least one
month but should be displayed separately as new arrivals.
5. Issue of subject reference books – Only subject reference books from
reference section would be issued for home use on those days when the
successive day is a holiday. The book will have to be returned on the next
working day. Dictionaries, Encyclopedias etc would not be issued.
6. One set of textbooks may be issued to teachers for the subject being taught
by them for the whole session.
7. In case a user loses a book he/she would have to either replace the book or
deposit three times the price of the book in the library.
For More details click the “Library Charter”