1. Which project, aimed at a freely available and redistributable UNIX-like operating system, was founded by Chris Demetriou, Theo de Raadt, Adam Glass and Charles M. Hannum?
2. In GUI lingo, which ‘musical instrument’ means an expanded view (by window or thumbnail) of a selected item inside of a list of items?
3. What is ‘Google I/O’?
4. According to a survey by desktop Linux advocate Novell, which application is the top non-Linux application that Linux users would like to have?
5. Name Yahoo’s first site targeting a specific audience and not just a topic, which was launched on March 30.
6. Expand WYCIWYG.
7. Name the veteran Hollywood producer and talent manager with whom Microsoft has entered into an agreement to produce shows for use on the Xbox 360 system.
8. Eurhythmics’ Dave Stewart is a founding member of which telecom’ giant’s ‘Artist Advisory Council’, an initiative created to foster an artist-friendly environment within the company.
9. What was officially dissolved as of March 28, 2008, and the Web site closed accordingly?
10. Name the ‘leading corporate backer of the Wine Project’ with the mission ‘to transform Mac OS X and Linux into Windows-compatible operating systems’.
1. NetBSD Project.
3. It is ‘a two-day developer event focused on both Google developer products as well as other open initiatives for the web’. It is scheduled to be held at San Fransisco on May 28 and 29.
4. Adobe PhotoShop.
5. ‘Shine’, a Web site aimed at women (http://shine.yahoo.com/).
6. ‘What You Cache Is What You Get’. It is a URI scheme specific to the Mozilla family of web browsers.
7. Peter Safran.
9. HD DVD Promotional Group.
Courtesy: V.V.Ramanan, Business line