The Library Celabrates World Book and Copyright Day
on April 23, 2008
- Inauguration of Reader’s Club in the Library at 11.30 a.m. by
Mrs.Lalitha Lenin,well known Malayalam poet, story writer and Former Reader, DLIS, University of Kerala.
- Book review competition on 22 April 2008,Venue:the library
- Quiz competition on 22 April 2008, venue; the library
- Exhibition of books on or by William Shakespeare(21-25 April, 2008)
Smt. Lalitha Lenin
She was born on July 17, 1946 at Thrithalloor, Thrissur district. Her parents were Kadavil Kunjumama and Kareepadathu Chakkikkutty. She is married to Mr. K.M. Lenin who is also a writer and columnist dealing with international affairs. Her son Mr. Anil Lale is a lawyer and is presently employed with Sony Entertainment Television (India) at Mumbai.
She has graduated in:
- Chemistry in 1960, from the University of Kerala,
- Education in 1967, from the University of Kerala and
- Library Science in 1975 from the University of Kerala.
She got Dr. S.R. Ranganathan Gold Medal for securing first Rank in Master of Library Science Degree Examination from the University of Mysore in 1976. She joined as Assistant Librarian at Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, Thrissur in 1977. In 1979, she became a Lecturer at Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kerala. From 1990 to 1995 she served as the Head of the Department. She retired as Reader from the Department on March 31, 2006.
Lalitha Lenin has been contributing poems, short-stories and articles to main-stream periodicals since 1971.
- Karingili (1976)
- Karkidavaavu (1995)
- Namukku Praarthikkaam (2000)
- Kadal (poems for children) (2000)
- Minnu (novel for children)
- Lyrics for Mahabali, Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan (1987).
- Script for a documentary on Library Movement in Kerala, produced for Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan(1988).
- Stories for two television serials Oridathorikkal (1990) and Mookkuthiyum Manchadiyum (1998) in Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan.
- Presentation of the Television Programme Aksharam (16 episodes) in Thiruvananthapuram Doordarshan (1999).
- Puthiya Vaayana, a book on reading for women.
- Public Library Sevanam (2006) (Tr. of Public Library Service: IFLA/UNESCO Guidelines for Development, Munchen: K.G.Saur, 2001)
- Bhoodaivangal (Tr. of The Earth Gods) in the Malayalam translation of Works of Kahlil Gibran. Kottayam, DC Books, 2002
She has 12 papers in the discipline of Library and Information Science to her credit
For more details contact your Librarian