By V.V. RAMANAN (The Hindu)
1. In which sport is Ivan Lendl an icon?
2. Which fruit is also called Ananas, Nanas or Pina?
3.Which highly endangered carnivore’s diet is 99 per cent bamboo?
4. Which of these composers was not an Austrian: Mozart, Vivaldi and Brahms?
5. In Scrabble, what colour is the square that triples the letter score?
6. Alba is the Gaelic name for which European country?
7. According to the nursery rhyme, how much did the crooked cat cost the crooked man?
8. In Tom and Jerry cartoons, name the attractive female, white cat who is Tom’s usual love interest.
9. John Wilkes Booth was the assassin of…?
10. Name Bart Simpson’s paternal grandfather?
11. The Tupolev Tu-144 was the world’s first…?
12. What type of snake is usually shown on a pharaoh’s crown?
13. If you were in Tallinn, in which European country would you be in?
14. Where in the human body is the Girdle of Venus?
15. In chess, what is a ‘Adjust’?
3. Giant Panda
5. Dark blue
7. A crooked sixpence.
8. Toodles (Galore)
9. Abraham Lincoln
10. Abraham J. Simpson
14. Palm of the hand
15. Touching a piece without the intention of making a move