1. Which Asian country would be celebrating the ‘Chrysanthemum Day’ today i.e 9/9/08?
2. What type of animal was Bruce in Pixar’s ‘Finding Nemo’?
3. Why has Joseph Robinette “Joe” Biden, Jr. been in the news recently?
4. According to the proverb, what is “the mother of invention”?
5. Which are the two current Olympic weightlifting events?
6. What is the common term for Hansen’s disease?
7. In the popular ‘Friends’ TV series, which leading characters’ surnames are Geller?
8. In which century was the famed Inca city of Machu Pichu said to have been built?
9. ‘Chippiparai’ is an indigenous breed of…?
10. Who is the twin sister of the cartoon hero He-Man?
11. In Greek mythology, who died when he flew too close to the sun?
12. In the Indian Army, which rank comes typically above a Major and below a Colonel?
13. How many feet away is the first hurdle from the starting blocks in 110m hurdles event?
14. Which U.S. State has the abbreviation KY?
15. What is ‘Biotic pollination’?
1.Japan; 2. Great white shark.
3. He is Barack Obama’s run
ning mate for the U.S. Presidential election; 4. Necessity;
5. Snatch and Clean & Jerk;
6. Leprosy; 7. Ross and Monica;
8. 15th Century; 9. Dog.
10. She-Ra; 11. Icarus.
12. Lieutenant Colonel.
13. 45 feet; 14. Kentucky.
15. Pollination which is medi
ated by an organism (called a
Courtesy: V.V.Ramanan, The Hindu