1. Who became the world’s youngest monarch on November 6?
2. If it is Laura for George W. Bush, who is it for George H. W. Bush?
3. Which is the largest living species of lizard, growing to an average length of two to three metres?
4. Which eminent sportsman is the boyfriend of Nicole Scherzinger, the lead singer of the American girl band Pussycat Dolls?
5. Vermilion a shade of which common colour?
6. The Spanish for ‘little war’ has given us which English word?
7. In a castle, what is a ‘portcullis’?
8. Anna Mae Bullock is better known as…?
9. Who has portrayed ‘M’ in James Bond films since the mid-1990s?
10. To which Order do frogs belong?
11. According to hit song ‘Hotel California’, “…you can check-out any time you like but ________”?
12. In the Bible who was thrown to the lions because he prayed to God?
13. In Harry Potter, which horcrux was destroyed by Fiendfyre?
14. Ablutophobia is the fear of which normal sanitary activity?
15. After which ruler is the present seventh month of the year named?
1. Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan; 2. Barbara
3. Komodo dragon; 4. Lewis Hamilton; 5. Red; 6. Guerilla;
7. A latticed grille or gate made of wood; 8. Tina Turner
9. Dame Judi Dench; 10. Anura; 11. “…you can never leave”
12. Daniel; 13. Ravenclaw’s diadem; 14. Cleaning or washing
15. Julius Caesar
Courtesy: Young World, The Hindu (18/11/2008)