V.V.Ramanan, the Hindu
1. Which metal is named after the Greek word for colour?
2. What type of creature is a caiman?
3. Which singer’s latest album is called ‘Hard Candy’?
4. How many faces between two regular tetrahedrons?
All blue : Shane Warne.
5. What phenomenon is described as “a random movement of microscopic particles suspended in liquids or gases resulting from the impact of molecules of the surrounding medium”?
6. In botany, an organism that can live only in the presence of oxygen is called…?
7. In mythology, which sage was also called Kaushika?
Master blaster: Sachin Tendulkar.
8. Complete the Mughal emperor’s name Nasiruddin Mohammed _____?
9. Sachin Tendulkar has scored more than 2500 ODI runs against Australia and which other country?
10. For which work was India’s Amitav Ghosh nominated to this year’s Booker Prize?
11. Sir Yehudi Menuhin was a legend in playing which instrument?
Photo: V.V. Krishnan
Nominated : Ghosh’s new book.
12. Midtown is the city protected by which colourful comic character?
13. What did the naval vessel HMS Hermes become in 1986?
14. Which political party with a very popular leader has the Lantern as its symbol?
15. If Shane Warne bowled a ‘bosie’, he was bowling a…?
1. Chromium; 2. Crocodile; 3. Madonna; 4. Eight; 5. Brownian Motion; 6. Aerobe; 7. Vishwamitra; 8. Humayun; 9. Sri Lanka; 10. Sea of Poppies; 11. Violin; 12. Spiderman; 13. INS Viraat; 14. Rashtriya Janata Dal; 15. Googly