Reading Level: Ages 9 – 12
Publisher: Children’s High Level Group (December 4, 2008)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard are J.K. Rowling’s latest addition to her Harry Potter series. If you have read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – the seventh and final novel of the series – you will also be familiar with The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Hermione Granger is given the book by Albus Dumbledore (don’t read this lightly colored sentence if you have not read book number seven – The Tales of Beedle the Bard are left to Hermione in Dumbledore’s will) and it plays an important part of the seventh novel. It is a collection of tales known to all wizards, just as Aesop’s fables are known to all humans (or muggles, if I may). So needless to say this will be a must for any Harry Potter fan – isn’t that everyone?!
- The collection includes five tales.
- An introduction by J.K. Rowling.
- Commentary on each tale by Albus Dumbledore.
- Release date is December 4, 2008.
- Pre-purchases can be made now at Amazon.com and independent book stores.
- Amazon.com has a special hard cover edition (shown at the beginning of this post).
- All net proceeds from the sale will be donated to The Children’s Voice campaign.
Links: The Tales of Beedle the Bard – Wikipedia.com
An article at the Huffington Post.
J.K. Rowling reads from Tales of Beedle The Bard