1. Name the first World Wide Web browser written for Windows PCs that debuted on June 8, 1993.
2. Who created/invented the dreaded official 404 (Page Not Found) HTTP specification?
3. What was founded in 1994 at MIT’s Laboratory for Computer Science with support from DARPA and the European Commission?
4. Citrix is a portmanteau of which two words?
5. Safra Catz is the President and former CFO of…?
6. Of the five generic font families defined in HTML and CSS, three are serif, sans-serif and cursive. Name the other two.
7. The film ‘Takedown’ is a fictionalised account of which legendary hacker’s capture by the FBI?
8. Fill in the missing word in this 1976 seminal work: ‘______: Distributed Packet-Switching For Local Computer Networks.’
9. According to experts, the ‘Gavilan SC’, a portable computer, was the first to be referred to which now ubiquitous term for such computers?
10. Amongst video game freaks used to cheat codes, ‘up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start’ sequence is fondly called…?
1. Cello, which was written for lawyers.
2. Sir Tim Berners-Lee.
3. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
4. Citrus and UNIX.
6. Fantasy and Monospace.
7. Kevin Mitnick.
10. ‘Contra Code’.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, Business line, The Hindu