1. Which iconic piece of hardware made its debut 25 years ago on January 24 to start a major revolution in the PC industry?
2. What was codenamed ‘Coltrane’ after John Coltrane?
3. In which two Indian States has Google decided to reward top five panchayats with a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, with the ‘Google.org Gram Panchayat Puraskar’ initiative, for doing more good in their communities?
4. Till now, which is the only letter of the alphabet that isn’t used to begin a top-level Internet domain?
5. What would happen if one sent an SMS to 9-77-33-00000 in India?
6. The first OS that Microsoft has named according to the version number is…?
7. What was the reason given by Steven Jobs on his decision to stay away from Macworld 2009?
8. On the above theme, who did the honours instead of Jobs?
9. Which post on the official Google blog alone had 1,735,093 unique visitors and generated 12 per cent of the total-year pageviews on the blog?
10. According to industry figures, which video game passed the sales of Super Mario Bros, at 40.24 million units, in the last week of December 2008 to become the best-selling video game of all time?
1. The legendary Apple Macintosh.
2. WordPress 2.7 released in early December.
3. Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
5. One would be using Google’s SMS search service.
6. The upcoming Windows 7.
7. That he’s dealing with a hormone imbalance and chose to spend the holiday season with his family rather than ‘intensely prepare’ a keynote address!
8. Phil Schiller.
9. The post on the earlier-than-planned unveiling of Google Chrome.
10. ‘Wii Sports’.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, Business line