1. According to the Bible, on which day did God create sea creatures and birds?
2. In cricketing terminology, what is a ‘bunsen’?
3. What does the Twitter acronym YMMV stand for?
4. In which Asian country is the share index known as the Hang Seng?
5. In which European country would one spend in Forints?
6. Of the four to meet this fate so far, two are Lincoln and McKinley. Name the other two and what fate?
7. In the popular ‘Teletubbies’ series, which real animals came in almost every episode?
8. Which colour gets its name from a dye discovered shortly after an 1859 battle between the Austrians and the French?
9. Which of the trinity of Carnatic music was born to Ramabrahmam and Seethamma?
10. Contrary to its name, how many legs does a common centipede normally have?
11. Both Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov have referred to ‘Somnium’ by a celebrated astronomer as the first work of science fiction. Name the author.
12. What normal activity in the eye is caused by the muscle orbicularis oculi?
13. In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, where does the first secret meeting of Dumbledore’s Army take place?
14. Which weapon fires a quarrel or a bolt?
15. For how many years was Nelson Mandela imprisoned?
1. Day 5
2. According to Wisden, ‘a pitch conducive to spin bowling’
3. Your Mileage May Vary
4. Hong Kong
6. Garfield and Kennedy. The only four U.S. Presidents to be assassinated; 7. Rabbits
10. 15 pairs
11. Johannes Kepler
12. Closing of the eye
13. The Hog’s Head
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu