1. Fill in the blank: According to a new study from McAfee, cyber-crime has cost firms ______ globally in 2008.
2. How did Symbolics Inc become part of the Internet lore on March 15, 1985?
3. Patrick Pichette is the CFO of…?
4. Name the Indian behind the creation of RDF Site Summary, the first web syndication format to be called ‘RSS’.
5. In 1928 it was founded as Galvin Manufacturing Corporation. How is it known today?
6. What role did eminent sumo wrestlers ‘Akebono’ and ‘Konishiki’ play as regards the genesis of Yahoo!?
7. Name the three Indian cities where Amazon has software development centres?
8. Expand BASH as in the most popular shell on GNU/Linux systems.
9. If IBM gave us the 8″ diameter floppy, who was behind the 3-1/2″ diskettes?
10. Len Adleman, a professor of computer science at the University of Southern California, is credited with coining which ‘dreaded’ term amongst computer users?
1. $1 trillion!
2. On that date its domain name (symbolics.com) was created to become the first .com site.
4. Ramanathan V. Guha.
6. ‘Akebono’ was Jerry Yang’s workstation where Yahoo! first resided and the software was lodged on David Filo’s computer ‘Konishiki’.
7. Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
8. Bourne Again Shell.
Courtesy: V.V. Ramanan , Business Line