1. Which planet and which earth-feature has the recently unveiled Google Earth 5.0 covered?
2. Name the two Silicon Valley leaders (a legendary VC and a President of a software major) who have been inducted into Obama’s Economic Advisory Board.
3. Google’s new software that lets mobile phone users share their location with close contacts is called…?
4. One more on Google! What snafu did the search engine do on January 31 between 6:30 and 7:25 a.m. PST?
5. Which cyber legend opened a jar of mosquitoes on stage at the elite Technology, Entertainment, Design conference recently to draw attention to the plight of malaria victims?
6. Which visionary initiator of cheap computers said recently about the low-cost netbooks: “they didn’t copy the right things from us, but they exist. We had to build the first laptop because no one else would do it?”
7. What is ‘Larrabee’?
8. Name the Juventus superstar and Italian WC winner who is pulling up Facebook for profile which purports to be his and carries links to Nazi propaganda sites.
9. Whose tagline on its Web site reads ‘Innovations that move the world forward’?
10. Reed Hastings is the CEO of…?
1. Mars and the oceans.
2. John Doerr of Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers and Charles Phillips, president of Oracle.
4. It listed every site on the Internet as malware with the message ‘This site may harm your computer.’
5. Bill Gates.
6. Nicolas Negroponte.
7. Intel’s many-core x86 Intel architecture which is being touted as an industry first.
8. Alessandro Del Piero.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, Business line