1. The city of Chicago dyes its river green on this date every year to celebrate what?
2. Tamil Nadu recently got a new District which shares its name with a town therein known for its textile and hosiery products. Name it.
3. Name the countries connected by the Simplon Tunnel.
4. Who is the only person ever to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize posthumously?
5. What five-lettered term is used for a mock attack in fencing or boxing?
6. Name the Pakistan batsman who was not out when Anil Kumble took all 10 wickets in a Test innings.
7. La Marcha Real is the National Anthem of which European country?
8. Which character’s address is ‘Apt 56B, Whitehaven Mansions, Sandhurst Sq, London’?
9. What does T9 stand for in the T9 Dictionary in mobile phones?
10. What natural creation’s shape can be Gum-footed, Horizontal Line or Triangle?
11. Fill in the blank with a type of animal: Albert was the ______ in space.
12. The ‘Bates method’ is an alternative therapy aimed at what?
13. Which colour bar in a barcode represents 0s?
14. Which circuit hosted the first Formula One GP?
15. James L. Plimpton is credited with patenting the forerunner of which of these : Bicycle, roller skate or motorcycle?
1. St. Patrick’s Day;
3. Italy and Switzerland;
4. The former UN Secretary General Dag Hammarskjöld;
6. Waqar Yunis
8. Hercule Poirot;
9. Text on 9 keys;
10. Spider webs;
12. Improving eyesight;
15. Roller skate
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu