1. Which iconic symbol of Paris was inaugurated on this date in 1889? 2. Which SI derived unit is equal to the amount of force required to accelerate a mass of one kilogramme at a rate of one metre per second per second?
3. In which western India town is the world-famous tomb of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti?
4. Name the Indian batsman whose first two hundreds in Tests were double hundreds?
5. In which Indian State is the Simlipal National Park?
6. Which Roald Dahl book has James Henry Trotter as the main protagonist?
7. In botany, the pollen-containing portion of a stamen is called an…?
8. Recently Mike Holding, a BBC wildlife cameraman, filmed an elephant calf in the Okavango Delta that was unusually coloured. What colour?
9. To which U.S. State should one go to visit Mount Rushmore?
10. By what more famous name is Mumbai’s Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road known?
11. If it is Sonia for Rahul Gandhi, who is it Varun Gandhi?
12. Which famous medal has the inscription Pro pace et fraternitate gentium meaning “For the peace and brotherhood of men”?
13. Which religious group was started by Ignatius of Loyola?
14. In cartoons, whose sidekick is Baba Looey?
15. What is tachophobia the fear of?
1. The Eiffel Tower
4. Vinod Kambli
6. James and the Giant Peach
9. South Dakota
10. Marine Drive
11. Maneka (mother)
12. The Nobel Peace Prize Medal
13. Society of Jesus (Jesuits)
14. Quick Draw McGraw
Courtesy: V.V.Ramanan, The Hindu