1. On this date every year, in which European Capital city does a special bell called ‘Patarina’ ring from the Campidoglio to commemorate the founding of the city?
2. What is the new name of the new Formula One team that raced as Honda till last season?
3. Which global event, conceived by WWF and The Sydney Morning Herald in 2007, is held on the last Saturday of March annually?
4. How many O tiles are there in Scrabble?
5. Who is the first female in the present line of succession to the British Throne?
6. Which insect is called ‘daddy longlegs’?
7. In Mary Shelley’s novel, what is the first name of Dr. Frankenstein?
8. In the G20, there are only 19 countries. So who is the 20th member?
9. What ‘manly feature’ did artist Marcel Duchamp add to the Mona Lisa?
10. Which family would one meet on Cemetery Ridge, Cemetery Lane?
11. Which animal, the largest in its Order, has the scientific name Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris?
12. In which musical ‘list’ is ‘Kanakangi’ the first and ‘Rasikapriya’ the last traditionally?
13. According to a recent Microsoft report, nearly 97 per cent of all e-mails sent over the net is spam. What did it identify as making up the majority of all spam mails?
14. In which U.S. state is the famous Mojave Desert?
15. Which large reservoir was created by the Akosombo Dam in Ghana?
1. Rome; 2. Brawn GP; 3. Earth Hour; 4. Eight; 5. Princess Beatrice of York; 6. Cranefly; 7. Victor; 8. The European Union, represented as a bloc; 9. Moustache and a beard; 10. The Addams Family; 11. Capybara; 12. The 72 Melakarta Ragas; 13. ‘Advertisements’ for drug/medicines; 14. California; 15. Lake Volta.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu