1. The world’s longest-serving current head of state ascended to the throne on this date in 1946. Name him.
2. Name the very loveable cartoon character whose birthday is officially recognised as June 9, 1934. That’s the day his debut film “The Wise Little Hen” was released.
Photo : AFP
Savage Mountain : Difficult to ascent.
3. Which top-10 mountain is also called ‘Savage Mountain’ because of the difficulty of ascent and the high fatality rate?
4. Which religious movement is colloquially referred to as the Mormon Church?
5. The three mean and wealthy farmers in Roald Dahl’s “Fantastic Mr. Fox’” were called…?
6. Which famous dancing star of some of the best musicals was born Frederick Austerlitz?
7. Name the premier team competition in women’s tennis considered the equivelant of the Davis Cup?
8. If the IATA code is LGW, in which London airport would one be?
9. Which bird’s name comes in the common name for the ailment Varicella?
10. The study of rocks is called…?
11. Alphabetically, who would come first in Biblical ‘Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse’?
12. In “The Simpsons”, name Marge’s two sisters.
13. Which Indian actress was part of the feature film jury at the recently concluded prestigious Cannes Film Festival?
14. Who calls Charlie Brown as Chuck in the Peanuts comic strip?
15. Which was the last South American country to win the FIFA World Cup before Brazil?
1. King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand;
2. Donald F. Duck;
4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints;
5. Boggis, Bunce and Bean;
6. Fred Astaire;;
7. Fed Cup;
9. Chicken (pox);
12. Patty and Selma;
13. Sharmila Tagore;
14. Peppermint Patty;
15. Argentina (1986)
Courtesy:V.V. RAMANAN , The Hindu