1. Expand the messaging standard XMPP.
2. Name the now-discontinued ‘lightweight dependency injection framework for Java 5 and above, brought to you by Google’.
3. What important component of the Net was designed by Jon Postel, Paul Mockapetris and Craig Partridge in early 1983?
4. In the context of cyber security strategy for the US federal government, if George W. Bush’s document was called ‘National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace’, what is Barack Obama’s just released document called?
5. Frank Warren is the founder of which very popular ongoing community project wherein people mail their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard?
6. In which three European countries is Gmail known as Google Mail?
7. Which international developer and publisher of video games was started by Trip Hawkins in May 1982?
8. The first domain reserved for a non-English Wikipedia was for which language?
9. Who was the President of the US when the idea of ARPA, the forerunner of the Internet, was thought about?
10. What were ‘SNDMSG’ and ‘READMAIL’?
1. eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol.
3. Domain Name System (DNS).
4. ‘Cyberspace Policy Review’.
6. Germany, Austria and the UK.
7. Electronic Arts.
8. German (deutsche.wikipedia.com).
9. Dwight Eisenhower.
10. The first basic e-mail programs written by Ray Tomlinson at BBN.
Courtesy:V V Ramanan, The Hindu