1. Tim Morse is the new CFO of…?
2. Which Google honcho made this comment on Bing’s launch: “It’s not the first entry for Microsoft. They do this about once a year!”
3. To which ‘vendor’ must Amazon.com pay $51 million to settle a lawsuit which claimed Amazon violated an agreement by allowing other vendors to market similar products on its site?
4. What is the ‘noble’ purpose of Microsoft’s ‘browserforthebetter.com’ site?
5. According to ‘global market share statistics’ provided by Net Applications, which is the fourth most used OS now after Windows, Mac and Linux?
6. Name the Indian, Microsoft’s vice-president in charge of Startup Business Accelerator program, who is quitting after 19 years at the software giant?
7. Which Java software framework is named after the creator’s child’s stuffed elephant?
8. Name the VC which was the initial one to fund Yahoo! in April 1995 with an initial investment of nearly $2 million.
9. Which was the first ‘mouse gesture’ and who introduced it?
10. Which browser had its genesis as a research project at Telenor, the largest Norwegian telecommunications company, in 1994?
2. The CEO, Eric Schmidt.
3. Toys ‘R’ Us.
4. For every download of IE 8 from that site, the company will donate eight meals to ‘Feeding America’ programme.
5. The iPhone OS.
6. Sanjay Parthasarathy.
8. Sequoia Capital.
9. Called the ‘drag’, Apple used it to replace a dedicated move button on the mice shipped with Macintosh and Lisa computers.
Courtesy:V.V. Ramanan, Business Line