1. Of the 10 common ecosystems called biomes, which is the coldest?
2. On this date in 1985, an Air India aircraft that was blown up in midair by a bomb killing 329 people. After which Indian king was it christened?
3. What did the initials in the name of the former President of India V.V. Giri stand for?
4. In geology, what is a ‘longshore drift’?
5. At what temperature is water said to boil on the top of Mt. Everest?
6. In the context of film awards, expand IIFA.
7. What colour does Phenolphthalein turn in basic solutions?
8. Which famous Indian city lies on Salsette Island?
Photo: Rajeev Bhatt
IIFA : Brand Ambassador Amitabh Bachchan.
9. Who was Leander Paes’s partner when he won the French Open men’s doubles title recently?
10. In Gulliver’s Travels, what is the Capital of Laputa?
11. What is the collective noun for a group of apes?
12. In which century did Dr. Edward Jenner invent the vaccine against smallpox?
13. Name the ‘grim’ brother of Zeus and Poseidon who was the ruler of the Greek Underworld.
Photo : AFP
“Winningest coach” : Won his 10th title. 14. In an opera, the songs by the soloists are called..?
15. Who recently became the ‘winningest’ coach in NBA finals history with his 10th title?
1. Tundra or polar biome
2. Emperor Kanishka
3. Varahagiri Venkata
4. Process by which sediments such as sand move along a beach shore
5. Around 68-70 degrees Celsius
6. International Indian Film Academy
7. Pink to fuchsia
9. Lukas Dlouhy
12. 18th Century
14. Arias (Italian for “air”)
15. Phil Jackson.
Courtesy: V.V. RAMANAN, The Hindu