1. In U.S. currency, how many dimes to six nickels?
2. In cartoons, who is the canine friend/partner of Fred, Daphne, Velma and Norville?
3. In the night sky, how many stars are there on Orion’s Belt?
4. Whom did Michael Jackson refer to as ‘She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene’ in a hit song of the same name?
5. In the original Star Trek series, which iconic character was played by Leonard Nimoy?
6. Which famous German commander in WWII was called ‘The Desert Fox’?
7. Of which planet are Ariel, Oberon and Umbriel satellites?
8. David Balfour is the central character of which Robert Louis Stevenson novel?
9. In the United Kingdom, who also has titles like Baron Renfrew and Great Steward of Scotland?
10. Which Arabic phrase appears 22 times on the flag of Iran and once in the Iraqi flag?
11. In which U.S State is Cincinnati?
12. In which western African country, once known as ‘Gold Coast’, is Cedi the unit of currency?
13. In the context of an opera, what is a ‘libretto’?
14. Which organs get inflamed when one has nephritis?
15. Which famous automobile brand has its HQ in the small Italian village of Sant’Agata Bolognese?
1. Three; 2. Scooby Doo; 3. Three; 4. Billie Jean; 5. Mr. Spock; 6. Erwin Rommel; 7. Uranus; 8. Kidnapped; 9. The Prince of Wales; 10. The ‘Takbir’; 11. Ohio; 12. Ghana; 13. The text of the opera; 14. Kidneys; 15. Lamborghini.
Courtesy:V.V. RAMANAN , The Hindu