10-11 February 2009, New Delhi, NCERT
1. In view of the past work done in respect of School libraries the NCERT should work as a Nodal Agency for monitoring the development of School Libraries in the country.
2. The school library sector comprises of those of Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools. The organization and services of these libraries should be spelt out while framing guidelines and norms or best practices.
3. The post of a professionally trained Librarian may be included in the skeleton staff of the secondary schools not withstanding the strength of students.
4. The school library budget should be of at least 5% of the school’s educational budget.
5. National census of school libraries in India is strongly recommended
6. Guidelines regarding Collection development strategies may be framed keeping in mind the need of the students.
7. Standards for libraries and services should be developed by the apex bodies in the form of handbooks/manuals.
8. NCERT to conduct in service or professional development programs for school librarians from time to time on regular basis.
9. Integration of Information literacy across the curriculum.
10. LIS expert to be in the accreditation team for recognizing the schools.
11. LIS courses to add school librarianship modules in universities and vocational streams.
12. Representation at National Forum to advocate for school libraries.
13. Compulsory Performa to be circulated to the students to know “What they want”.
14. IT incorporation in the libraries.
15. Provision for State/ Central awards for school librarians by NCERT/Govt. bodies