1. In which U.S. city was President Barack Obama, celebrating his birthday on this date, born in 1961?
2. What has India’s first indigenously built nuclear-powered submarine been christened?
3. After which mythical bird is the most recent spacecraft to land successfully on Mars named?
4. The famous romantic poet who addressed the skylark as ‘Hail to thee, blithe Spirit!’ was born on this day. Name him/her.
5. Which planet was subjected to a vast cosmic collision that left a dark scar the size of the Earth on its surface recently?
6. Which Central Asian nation, in an ambitious plan to help plant life bloom and attract migratory birds, channelling water to a 770 square miles man-made lake in the Karakum Desert?
7. What do the initials C.S. stand for in C.S. Lewis?
8. What famous online site did Jeff Bezos found?
Photo : AFP
Happy Birthday : In which city was he born?
9. In the Donkey Kong series of video games, name the villain shaped like an obese anthropomorphic crocodilian.
10. In the context of cattle, what are rumen and omasum?
11. What weapon does the human in the Oscar statuette hold?
12. In air force slang, what is a ‘laundry bag’?
13. What is the first name of the literary butler Jeeves?
14. In which famous cricket ground would bowlers bowl from the Members End and Great Southern Stand End?
2. INS Arihant
4. Percy Bysshe Shelley
7. Clive Staples
9. King K. Rool
10. Two of the four compartments of the stomach
14. The Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu