1. Which country did Nazi Germany attack on this date 70 years ago to trigger off the start of World War II in Europe?
2. What is the URL of the ‘National Portal of India’?
3. On this date in 1979, which spacecraft became the first to visit Saturn when it passed the planet at a distance of 21,000 km?
4. Who won the ‘Compton-Miller Medal’ at this year’s Ashes?
5. Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is the President of the fifth largest country (by geographical area). Name the country.
6. Which is the third largest single party in the current Lok Sabha?
7. How is the Republic of India referred to in the National language?
8. How many ’triple word score’ squares are on a normal Scrabble board?
9. Which is the smallest of the four Districts of the UT of Puducherry?
10. Who was the only sportsperson to get the Padma Bhushan in 2009?
11. What superlative record does the Chinese Giant Salamander hold in the animal kingdom?
12. Which famous work of Beethoven has words taken from the ‘Ode to Joy, a poem written by Friedrich Schiller?
13. What colour is liquid and solid oxygen?
14. Which country’s flag has a cedar tree in the centre?
15. Which famous Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer was from the southern Italian city of Syracuse?
3. Pioneer XI;
4. Andrew Strauss;
6. Samajwadi Party (behind the INC and BJP);
7. ‘Bharat Ganrajya’;
10. Abhinav Bindra;
11. It is considered the world’s largest amphibian;
12. Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125 “Choral”;
13. Pale blue;
Courtesy: V.V.Ramanan, The Hindu