1. What post does Chris Beard hold in Mozilla Labs?
2. In what way is the contribution of Armas Clifford “Mike” Markkula Jr. important in the history of Apple?
3. Name the Toronto-based company that won a permanent injunction that prohibited Microsoft from selling or importing to the US any Microsoft Word products that have the capability of opening .XML, .DOCX or DOCM files (XML files) containing custom XML?
4. One more on MS. Which product while being tested internally was codenamed Kumo?
5. Connect Uncia uncia (or Panthera uncial) to Mac OS X 10.6?
6. What is Google Caffeine?
7. Who is the largest shareholder in Lenovo with about 27.17 per cent?
8. Which was the first text in the ambitious Project Gutenberg launched in 1971?
9. How did Jeremy Jaynes and his sister Jessica DeGroot achieve infamy in 2005?
10. Name the not-much-heard-of scientist, an early discoverer of electromagnetism, whose birthday was doodled by Google on August 14.
1. Chief Innovation Officer.
2. He is the American entrepreneur and an angel investor who provided early critical funding for Apple.
5. The scientific name for snow leopard is Uncia uncia and snow leopard is the codename for Apple’s latest OS.
6. It’s a new next-generation architecture for Google’s Web search.
7. Chinese Academy of Sciences, a government agency.
8. The US Declaration of Independence.
9. They were the first to be convicted for spam. Jeremy was sentenced to nine years in prison while Jessica was fined $7,500.
10. Hans Christian Ørsted.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, Business Line