1. What was the nationality of the famous composer Franz Joseph Haydn?
2. In Greek myth, who forged Zeus’s thunderbolt?
3. Name the Academy Award-winning director of “Platoon” and “Born on the Fourth of July”, both of which centred on the Vietnam War.
4. For which five-line form of comic verse is Edward Lear most remembered?
Photo : AP
Haydn : What was his nationality?
5. Abebe Bikila was the first athlete to win which event back-to-back at the Olympics?
6. How many dozen horns would four triceratops have between them?
7. If one had Hypoglycaemia, he or she would have abnormally low concentration of what in the blood?
8. Of what is Roquefort a type?
9. According to the Bible, on what day did God create man?
WALL-E : Six nominations.
10. What fruity surname did Hercule Poirot’s secretary have?
11. Which famous American pilot was called ‘The Lone Eagle’?
12. Apart from WALL-E, which other animated film has received six Academy Award nominations?
13. Name Donald Duck’s sister and mother of Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
14. Which of the vowels has the least number of tiles in Scrabble?
15. Which common foodstuff has the adjective ‘butyric’?
1. He was Austrian
2. The Cyclopes
3. Oliver Stone
5. The marathon
6. One. Each has three horns
11. Charles Lindbergh
12. Beauty and the Beast
13. Dumbella Duck
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu