1. Among the WWW community, what has September 22 been observed as since 2006?
2. According to the nursery rhyme ‘Hey diddle diddle…’, which herbivore jumped over the moon?
3. Name the famous German light cruiser that has become famous for its attack on Madras (now Chennai) on this date in 1914?
4. Which is the second most abundant element in the earth’s crust after Oxygen?
5. Name the landlocked nation in Africa, with Bamako as the Capital, celebrating its Independence Day today.
6. What is the common term used for a bowl-shaped circular depression caused by the destruction of the peak of a volcano?
7. After which Italian savant is the number of particles in one mole of a substance named?
8. Apart from snakes and insects, which large animal kills more people in Africa than any other?
9. In Maharashtra, the first day of Chaitra is called the ____ ____?
10. What is one doing if a potato is being ‘pared’?
11. In which South American country would one use the currency ‘Nuevo Sol’?
2. The cow
3. SMS Emden
7. Amedeo Avogadro
8. The Hippo
9. ‘Gudi Padwa’
10. Cutting off the skin with a knife or sharp tool
12. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
13. Himachal Pradesh
14. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
15. Sodium hypochlorite. Household bleach is usually a three to six per cent solution of sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) in water.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu