1. On this date in 1884, reckoning of time was standardised in a way. How?
2. Name the great Australian swimmer nicknamed ‘Thorpedo’ born on this date in 1982.
3. Apart from India, which two other Asian Annex 2 States are yet to sign and ratify the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty?
4. Generally which part of the body is affected by lumbago?
5. Who has been India’s longest-serving Prime Minister?
6. United Plankton Pictures Inc. produces which popular cartoon series on Nick?
7. Why did Barbie and Ken split up in 2004?
8. Who wrote The Old Curiosity Shop?
9. Whose horse was Shadowfax?
10. Expand ISDN as used in computing.
11. In which decade of the 20th Century did the Titanic sink?
12. How many pairs of ribs among three normal humans?
13. How does one commonly refer to the Italian cookie ‘savoiardi’?
14. What are ‘carcinogens’?
15. Name the parents of Zeus.
1. Greenwich was established as the universal time meridian of longitude
2. Ian Thorpe
3. North Korea and Pakistan
5. Jawaharlal Nehru
6. SpongeBob SquarePants
7. To spend ‘quality time’ away from each other
8. Charles Dickens
10. Integrated Services Digital Network
11. Second (1912)
13. Lady finger biscuits
14. An agent that causes cancer or in the increase of its propagation
15. Cronus and Rhea.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu