1. To celebrate which influential thinker’s birthday is January 12 i.e. today observed as ‘National Youth Day’ in India?
2. What distinction has the prodigy Magnus Carlsen achieved recently?
3. Which Asian country will host the inaugural Summer Youth Olympic Games in August 2010?
4. Fill in the blank: The United Nations has declared 2010 to be the ‘International Year of ______’
5. ‘Makara Sankranthi’ celebrates the transmigration of Sun from which ‘rashi’ (zodiac) to which Makara rashi?
6. What was the surname of the siblings Barry, Robin and Maurice who made up the popular band Bee Gees?
7. The State Peace and Development Council runs the affairs in which of India’s neighbours?
8. Joseph Nicephore Niepce is considered an inventor and a pioneer in which now common field of visual communication?
9. If Antananarivo was your Capital city, in which country are you in?
10. After which drug were the two Anglo-Chinese Wars fought in the 19th century named?
11. Aptenodytes forsteri is the scientific name of which big flightless bird?
12. Playing for which club did James Vaughan set the record for being the youngest scorer in the EPL at 16 years and 271 days?
13. Leveret is the young of a…?
14. What is the nationality of the popular actress Catherine Zeta Jones?
15. Which South American country is called ‘Corazon de America’ or ‘Heart of America’ because of its central location?
1. Swami Vivekananda
2. He has become the youngest ever chess player to be ranked world No.1
11. Emperor penguin
14. She is Welsh
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu