1. Name the European country, with Vilnius as its capital, which declared its independence on this date in 1918.
2. Name the precious mineral that is mined by the humans on Pandora in the film “Avatar”.
3. Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport serves which Indian city?
4. According to a monitoring exercise by Wildlife Institute of India in association with NTCA in 2008, how many tigers in the country are left now
5. In which famous war did the Battle of Bunker Hill and Lexington take place?
6. In filmmaking, one sees in the credits the term ‘gaffer’. Who is a ‘gaffer’?
7. From which country did Angola get independence in the mid 1970s?
8. What is the nationality of the tennis star Marin Cilic?
9. The five basic types of which class of musical instrument are bows, harps, lutes, lyres, and zithers?
10. The name for which type of church is derived from the Greek for a tribunal chamber of a king?
11. What two words are used for the championship game of the National Football League, the premier association of professional American football?
12. Which popular band debuted with the album ‘Hybrid Theory’?
13. How many milligrams make a carat (as used to measure gemstones)?
14. Which famous Indian king had the birth name Farid-ud-din Abul Muzaffar?
15. Saltpetre is the common name for which chemical compound?
5. American War of Independence;
6. The head of the electrical department;
8. He is a Croatian;
11. Super Bowl;
12. Linkin Park;
14. Sher Shah Suri;
15. Potassium nitrate.
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu