1. Name the Asian country with the capital Bandar Seri Begawan celebrating its National Day on this date i.e. February 23.
2. Which famous Italian composer wrote the popular ‘Le quattro stagioni’?
3. Which Oscar-winning classic is based on The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?
4. Which omnivore is usually used to find truffles, a fungal fruiting body, that is a prized cuisine delicacy?
5. After whom is India’s first dedicated meteorological satellite named?
6. What famous discovery did the British Egyptologist Howard Carter make in February 1923?
7. The Chinese New Year which began on February 14 is the Year of the…?
8. In the story ‘Jack and the beanstalk’, which musical instrument did Jack steal from the giant?
9. Two of the greatest Indians, ‘Chacha’ and ‘Bapu’, were trained to practise a profession. What is it?
10. Which king was responsible for building the imposing ‘Vijay Stambha’ in Chittorgarh?
11. ‘Sayaun Thunga Phool Ka’ (Made of Hundreds of Flowers) is the National Anthem of…?
12. Which is the only planet in our Solar System that is less dense than water?
13. Which of these States has less than two MPs in the present Lok Sabha: Tripura, Meghalaya or Mizoram?
14. Name the village which is the origin of Lord Voldemort’s maternal and paternal ancestors and where he was restored to bodily form in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
15. In ice hockey, how many players from each side are allowed on the ice at any one time?
1. State of Brunei Darussalam
2. Antonio Vivaldi. ‘Le quattro stagioni’ means ‘The four seasons’
3. ‘Lawrence of Arabia’
5. Kalpana Chawla
6. The sarcophagus of Tutankhamun
10. Rana Kumbha of Mewar
14. Little Hangleton
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu