1. Name the recently unveiled music file format, developed by some of the key figures behind the MP3 and intended to be a competitor to Apple’s iTunes LP.
2. One of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated on Wikipedia was in its Polish version, from November 2004 to February 2006, about a person named Izaak Apfelbaum. How was he better known?
3. Who was named the ‘Mobile Industry Personality of the Year’ at the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona?
4. What was formerly known as the Integrated Media Player (iMP), Interactive Media Player and MyBBCPlayer?
5. What important technology does EMVCo oversee?
6. According to Harvard University researchers Tyler Moore and Benjamin Edelman, Google could be making some $497 million a year from which common Net ‘error’?
7. Cathie Lesjak is the CFO of which cyber giant?
8. Who has launched a video-streaming service simply called ‘Go’?
9. Who made this ‘criticism’ of the iPad: “You know, I’m a big believer in touch and digital reading, but I still think that some mixture of voice, the pen, and a real keyboard — in other words, a Netbook — will be the mainstream on that”?
10. Name the Vijayawada-born lady now serving as the CTO of Cisco.
2. Henryk Batuta.
3. Steve Jobs.
4. BBC iPlayer.
5. The technology behind chip-based payment cards.
9. Bill Gates.
10. Padmasree Warrior.
Courtesy: V. V. Ramanan , Business Line