1. Name the Nobel Laureate and leader who was born Lhamo Dondrub on this date in 1935.
2. Name the land-locked African country with Lilongwe as its capital that celebrates its Independence Day today.
3. Where would one be if the plane touched down at the Chek Lap Kok Airport?
4. In which Indian State is the famous Rumtek Monastery?
5. The upcoming film ‘The Social Network’ is about which Internet phenomenon?
6. What are red, transparent corundum commonly called?
7. If Lukas Podolski won the Best Young Player award at the FIFA World Cup in 2006, who won it in 2002?
8. Which comic book character gets his name from the common name for the animal with the scientific name ‘gulo gulo’?
9. ‘Davy Jones’ Locker’ is a euphemism for…?
10. What was the nationality of Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit after whom the temperature scale is named?
11. The holiest day of the year for religious Jews is called…?
12. Alphabetically, which is the first of the 88 modern constellations?
13. In which French city is Interpol headquartered?
14. Apart from South Korea, from which other Asian country has an UN Secretary-General been appointed?
15. According to folklore, which type of fairies spent their time making footwear or clothes?
1. The 14th Dalai Lama;
3. Hong Kong;
7. Landon Donovan;
9. Bottom of the sea;
11. Yom Kippur. It falls on the 10th day of the month of Tishrei;
14. Myanmar (now Burma);
Courtesy: V V Ramanan, The Hindu